A young and nimble startup is looking for a content and copywriter who has a specialty in marketing.
Our company is poised for exponential growth which means our marketing efforts need to scale FAST and I’m looking for someone who is interested in sharing their skills and advancing their knowledge as a partner on the marketing team. As the Marketing Director, I have already mapped out our milestones and goals and need your help to fill in all the dots. I’m looking for someone who can be the Bill to my Ted, the Romy to my Michelle, the Air Bud to the rest of the basketball team — which is to say, you won’t be working alone or without direction, you’ll have my full support and undivided attention to concept and craft marketing copy that meets all of our business goals. You and I will sit together, side by side, and determine the best content to focus on then we can divide and conquer and come together to celebrate.
Because we are a small team, I need a teammate who is reliable and flexible and can get “up to speed” quickly with new concepts as the business needs evolve. You should be comfortable with prioritizing your tasks and pushing back when your bandwidth is full; being a small team brings a lot of benefits but you’ll need to be an excellent advocate for yourself. No two days will be exactly the same; you may move from landing page copy to polishing up help documents to creating brochures so if you like variety and are comfortable with switching gears this will be a fun and rewarding team to work with.
I need someone who also has experience using a marketing CRM (although training will be provided for our specific CRM) and is comfortable with providing support as needed inside of the CRM. That may mean working on email campaigns or designing workflows — always together, but I’d like you to be comfortable with presenting a plan rather than just executing what has been handed down.
As our business continues to grow, there will be opportunities for growth and advancement within your role as well so I’m looking for someone who is here to set down roots and really blossom. We’ll provide the tools, support, education, and experience for you to really flourish.
I hope to meet you soon!
Mia – the Marketing Lady
- * Work independently but alongside the Director of Marketing to develop content as needed, including email copy, web copy, blog posts, social media posts, ads, landing pages, etc.
- * Concept and execute on content pillars that will solidify Chargezoom as a thought leader in our space
- * Supportive assistance for Marketing CRM which may include email execution, workflow designs, etc.
- * Manage own schedule and pace for workload, using project management software and regular team checkpoints
- * Marketing CRM experience; Sharp Spring is a plus
- * Designing content pillars with required supportive content for B2B
- * Developing and writing optimized content for email, web, blog posts, and landing pages
- * Demonstrated skill with visibility best practices, including content that is optimized for SEO and conversions
- * Contributing to and working from a style guide
- * Comfortable working in a casual but authoritative tone of voice for B2B
- * Proficient at using project management software (we like Asana)
- * Comfortable with using content management software (we like GatherContent)
- * Startup or small business experience
- * Financial services experience/exposure
- * Experience writing/developing ebooks or educational guides
- * Simplifying technical content for laypeople
Super bonus experience:
- * Knowledge/understanding of QuickBooks and Freshbooks users
- * Exposure to QuickBooks or Freshbooks
- * Knowledge/understanding of the Payments industry and how credit card transactions are facilitated
Why you’ll be interested in this role:
- * Build something new with an innovative team who is looking to ideate toward the best concepts; this isn’t a one-and-done copywriting gig but instead allows you the time and space to iterate and refine based on immediate data feedback. A short and steady sales cycle means we can quickly test and develop our strategies. You won’t need to wait 18 months to find out if your landing pages are converting to delighted customers.
- * B2B but casual; we want to speak the way our users speak which means never too stuffy or boring — no technical specifications or ‘marketing speak’ — and we establish ourselves as an authority through useful content and industry experience. Not just another product heavy barrage of content.
- * We’re already accomplished leaders in this space, so people are waiting to hear from us. You’ll be able to bring a unique flair to the information we present to people who actually want to hear it!
- * We are a casual workplace – bye bye business casual!
- * Our new office was designed specifically for our needs; the Marketing department has dedicated space for the team to collaborate and work together with the flexible needs of our team as the priority
- * Free lunch Fridays! The menu varies, but lunch and TV is provided on Fridays as an opportunity for the whole team to come together, unwind, and relax